Minnesota Congressional Districts 3 and 5 cover Minneapolis and its suburbs north, west, and south of Minneapolis. Republicans in Congressional District 3 held their convention on April 23, endorsing Erik Paulsen unanimously for re-election to a fifth term as U.S. Representative.
Meeting a week later, the Republicans in Congressional District 5 endorsed Frank Drake as their candidate for the U.S. Congressional seat currently held by Rep. Keith Ellison. Drake is currently the co-chair of Edina Precinct 04 in Senate District 49.
Delegates at the CD 3 convention chose Linda Presthus to represent them as Presidential Elector. Presthus is the co-chair of Edina Precinct 12 in Senate District 49. K. Luke Wendt was elected the Presidential Elector for CD 5.
These Congressional Districts also elected delegates and alternates to the Republican National Convention, meeting in Cleveland, Ohio this summer on July 18-21.
- Rubio delegates: David Asp and Alex Plechash
- Cruz delegate: Cindy Pugh
- Rubio alternates: Stephen Gould and Amanda Peterson
- Cruz alternate: Martin Yang
CD 5 elected:
- Rubio delegates: Michael Harad and Susan McDonald
- Cruz delegate: Donald Bumgarner
- Rubio alternates: Jeremiah Wingstedt and Claire Leiter
- Cruz alternate: Anne Taylor