Chad Bell, candidate for Edina School Board, provided the following brief introduction and summary key issues.
His campaign website is www.chad4edina.com and on Facebook: @Chad4EdinaSchools
Chad Bell has 2 children and he and his family have lived in East Edina for 12 years. Professionally Chad is a corporate ventures veteran who has worked in both small and large organizations helping them chart their path to future growth. Chad has extensive experience in the Edina community. He has spent 6 years coaching boys and girls soccer and is beginning as a softball and flag football coach. He is co-Cubmaster and den leader for pack 62. In his spare time, Chad likes to read and is learning to become a bike mechanic, and is approaching his 20th year coaching track for The Blues Special Olympics team.
Why I Am Running: Our school system is the crown jewel of our city. We have a long tradition of excellence but it is not a right that it continues that way. It is imperative that we challenge ourselves to continue to provide a world class learning environment for all of our kids. This means being open to innovation, challenging orthodoxy and being prescriptive with how we spend our money. I will bring that to fruition by collaborating with fellow board members, teachers and of course, parents!
- Rebuild trust with our parent community by holding myself and our board to the highest of standards
- Make myself available to our parents through monthly open forum discussions
- Use a critical eye when creating and approving new policy
- Reduce use of outside consultants and focus those dollars back into the classroom
- Work with our parents, board members and teachers to solve problems and accentuate opportunities
- Connect with our business community to create hands on learning initiatives
- Give teachers the freedom to teach and not overload them
- Assure our schools have programs and resources that address the learning needs of ALL of our students
- Narrow the percentage of Edina graduates who need remedial classes while attending college