- Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
- 6:15 pm Registration opens. Traffic may be congested and parking at caucus locations may be limited. Caucus participants should arrive at or soon after 6:15 pm to locate their caucus rooms and register.
- 7:00 pm Caucuses convene. It is important that all be present before caucus begins.
- Expected completion, approximately 8:30 PM.
Where: Residents in precincts within Senate District 49 will caucus in one of two locations:
- All Bloomington Republicans will caucus with their precincts at Thomas Jefferson High School, 4001 W 102nd St, Bloomington. Note that Bloomington SD50 Republicans will also caucus here.
- Edina, Eden Prairie, and Minnetonka Republicans that reside within Senate District 49 will caucus at South View Middle School, 4725 Southview Lane, Edina.
What is a Caucus?
A precinct caucus is a neighborhood meeting and the first step in Minnesota's 2022 election!
A big part of the evening is the chance to meet your Republican neighbors. People a lot like you, that really care about the future our local community, state, and country and know the power we have together to effect change and get good Republican candidates elected.
Caucus is the beginning. Invite your neighbors and show up with the intention to get involved. It is in the precinct caucus that you:
- Elect your local party leaders
- Step up to be delegates or alternates to your local Republican convention
- Submit resolutions to revise the Minnesota GOP Party Platform
It is at subsequent conventions that Republican delegates vote on who will get endorsed for Minnesota House, Minnesota Senate, US House and US Senate. The precinct caucuses are the entry point in the process of meeting potential candidates and deciding who best represents our conservative values. It is the first step of engagement in supporting key campaigns going into the 2022 elections.
Our Minnesota Secretary of State office provides further general information about Minnesota caucuses: CLICK HERE
No cost to attend your caucus. Donations will be requested/accepted to cover building rental and printing.
Who can participate in a Republican caucus:
- Are you eligible to vote? You do not need to be registered to vote, but you must be eligible to vote, including being 18 years old or older, on Election Day, November 8, 2022. You must live in the precinct in which you are caucusing.
- Agree with the principles of the Republican Party? If you agree with the general principles of the Republican Party, will vote for Republicans or the Republican nominee in the upcoming election you can participate.
- Willing to attend in person? There's no absentee or drive-by voting for Republican caucus voters. You'll need to come to your neighborhood's (precinct's) meeting room, sign-in (i.e., register for caucus) and attend in person.
Observers: May attend
- To watch, not participate in activities or straw poll.
- e.g., children, News reporters/Press, those not from our SD, those not eligible to vote on November 8, 2022.
What’s my Precinct?
Now is a good time to verify the number of your precinct. CLICK HERE and use your address to find your precinct number.
Where can I find a copy of the Minnesota Republican Party Platform?
CLICK on this LINK to find the platform on the MN GOP website.