We look forward to seeing you at these events. Please do bring your friends and neighbors.
Southwest Metro Republicans will highlight the essential work begin done by the attorneys of the Upper Midwest Law Center. UMLC is a center-right, non-profit, public interest law firm that recently secured a settlement with Governor Walz and Attorney General Ellison ensuring that they can no longer restrict houses of worship more harshly than Target and other businesses favored by Walz.
Our own Doug Seaton, founder and president of UMLC, will lead off the forum. Following his opening statement, he will introduce James Dickey. Attorney Dickey will update us on the lawsuits UMLC has brought, including ones to
- Stop the Defunding of the Minneapolis Police
- Overturn Governor Walz’ general Shut Down Orders
- Invalidate Walz’ mandatory mask-wearing order
- Bar the granting of State employee pay raises without legislative approval
- Recoup dues taken by government employee unions despite the Supreme Court’s 2018 Janus decision
You will need a computer with a built-in camera and speakers to fully enjoy this Pints & Pent-up format. However, if your computer doesn’t have a camera and speakers – or if you don’t have a computer – you are still in luck. You can use your phone to call into this meeting and still participate.
This free online networking event will start at 7 pm, with sign-in open at 6:30 pm. By necessity, it will be more in the format of a Meet & Greet, where our speakers will make a few minutes of remarks followed by a question & answer period.
Please scroll down to RSVP no later than Monday, May 17, so we can send you out a link and/or a call-in number and access code.
The Senate District 49 Republican Full Committee will meet on Tuesday evening, May 25. The meeting will be held at Bethany Church, 6900 Auto Club Rd, Bloomington. The doors will open at 6:30 pm, with the meeting starting at 7:00 pm.
The meeting is open to members of the Senate District 49 Republican Full Committee, who are
- Senate District Officers
- Members of the Senate District Executive Committee
- Chairs/Co-Chairs (maximum two) of each Precinct within SD49
- Members of the Republican State and Third and Fifth Congressional District Executive Committees who reside in SD49
- Immediate past Co-Chairs of the Senate District
The purpose of the meeting is two-fold. First, to confirm four new Precinct Chairs/Co-Chairs:
- Shirley Schaff (Eden Prairie P-08)
- Chris Wedum (Edina P-03)
- Taylor Mackenzie (Bloomington P-17)
- Craig Black (Bloomington P-28)
Second, to summarize the results of our recent town hall brainstorming sessions and to seek your support of and involvement in our SD49 Campaign 2021. We have prioritized the areas where you feel we need to focus. We now want ask for your help in building our team for the upcoming elections.
Light snacks will be provided. We are asking that we each buy a $5 ticket to help defray the contribution for the hall we'll be using
Please scroll down to RSVP so that we know who is coming. Please RSVP by May 23 to help us reduce the number of follow-up calls we will need to make.
Thank you for your support.
Russ Burnison and Joel Quinnell
Co-Chairs, Senate District 49 Republicans