Faisal Deri, candidate for Edina School Board, provided this brief introduction and summary key issues.
His campaign website is www.Deri4Edina.com
Faisal has lived over 20 years in Minnesota and has been tremendously involved in community building and engagement. If elected, Faisal will bring his extensive experience in working with diverse populations to his position on the School Board.
Faisal has over 15 years of public accounting and corporate governance experience assisting audit teams with complex accounting issues and helping clients on strategic planning, due diligence, finance transformation, budgeting and forecasting, internal controls, policy & procedure development and compliance. Faisal has a Bachelor of Science degree and will earn an MBA in December 2017 from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Faisal and his wife, Samira, are the parents of five children and currently have a daughter and a son enrolled in Edina public schools.
Accountability and Transparency
- Ensuring school board and district accountability, transparency and integrity.
- Adopting a fiscally responsible budget that allocates resources based on the district’s vision, goals and priorities for student achievement
- Engaging community members and parents by seeking divergent perspectives in decision making process to enrich the quality of education.
- Ensuring the board is accountable and open to the public interest and the public trust.
- Ensuring students are supported and inspired to succeed in academic achievements.
- Providing high quality educational experiences, including rigorous curriculum, technology and high-quality facilities.
- Recruiting, retaining and supporting quality teachers, administrators and other staff and providing for their professional development.
Accessibility and Engagement
- Promoting and expanding outreach efforts, to engage a cross-section of diverse students, parents, staff, community members and various organizations.
- Ensuring students, parents and other members of the school community are welcomed and valued.
- Providing and maintaining a safe and secure environment for all students and staff.