Report of the Resolutions Committee
We gathered all the resolutions that were approved in each precinct in the SD49 Caucus on February 25, 2020. We eliminated all the duplicates and all those that were part of the platform. A total of 23 resolutions are listed below under the section of the platform to which they would apply.
The resolutions have been posted on the SD49 and MNGOP (Action Center) web sites. Based on the rules for this convention we will be unable to have any discussion on these resolutions.
I’d like to make a motion to approve the 23 resolutions and forward them to the CD3 and CD5 conventions for their consideration.
Proposed Resolutions to Amend the Republican Party of Minnesota Standing Platform
SD 49 Convention, April 18, 2020
Overall Structure of the Platform
1. Simplify the 2018 State Platform to the major headings.
SECTION 1 – PROMOTE ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
2. Property taxes must be paid separately from mortgage payments.
3. Freeze property taxes for seniors with less than $50,000.00 in annual income.
4. Enact a Capital Ownership program which provides everyone, by right, the modern equivalent of 160 acres of capital.
5. The Republican Party believes in capitalism.
6. The State of Minnesota should refund excess taxes paid by taxpayers to the taxpayers.
SECTION 2 – RESTORE AND DEFEND CIVIL RIGHTS
7. Oppose the so-called Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
8. Oppose all attempts to legalize assisted suicide in Minnesota.
9. Make Minnesota a Sanctuary State for citizen’s right to own and bear arms (guns).
10. Support the Chicago Principles of free speech at the University of Minnesota, and all other state educational institutions and for all endorsed candidates.
SECTION 3 – PROTECT OUR HEALTH CARE
11. We urge the Minnesota legislature to pass a law to allow pregnant women to view their ultrasound in whatever setting it is conducted.
12. No mental health beds in hospitals can be eliminated, even in the event of a hospital being closed. Those beds must be reallocated to other locations.
SECTION 4 – EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN
13. The state public school curriculum and discipline policies should not be changed for ideological reasons. Examples include: school discipline policies should reflect actual behavior, not demographic statistics; high school science should not replace any segment with ideologically based earth science; cultural studies should not be inserted into science and math curriculums.
14. Education policy should not be decided by the courts or administrative agencies.
15. The school day should begin with a moment of silence for individual prayer.
16. Participants in competitive sports should participate in the gender in which they were born.
17. The Republican Party supports local school board decision-making authority and opposes legislation that restricts the ability for locally elected school boards to respond to the needs of their districts, students and communities.
SECTION 5 – STRENGTHEN OUR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES
18. Block state funding by publicly funded facilities that sponsor or allow Drag Queen events targeted at minors on their premises.
19. Encourage foster care.
20. Children have an equal right to time with both parents in the event of divorce or separation.
SECTION 6 – PROTECT PUBLIC SAFETY
21. We urge the US Congress to enact the Bobby McIlvaine World Trade Center Investigation Act, to establish a select committee of Congress to re-investigate the destruction of three World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001.
SECTION 7 – STRENGTHEN THE RULE OF LAW
22. Amend the U.S. Constitution to set the number of Justices on the Supreme Court at 9.
SECTION 8 – ENJOY AND PROTECT OUR NATURAL RESOURCES
SECTION 9 – MAKE GOVERNMENT SMALLER AND BETTER
23. Any member elected to the House of Representatives or Senate shall be prohibited from serving as a lobbyist for 4 years after the conclusion of their term.
SECTION 10 – DEFEND AMERICA AT HOME AND ABROAD