2018 SD 49 Convention Call
- your presence is requested -
To: The Delegates & Alternates of Senate District 49,
Pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution of the Republican Party of Minnesota and pursuant to the 2020 Call for Republican Party Basic Political Organizational Unit (BPOU) conventions issued by the Republican State Executive Committee, the Senate District 49 Convention is hereby called to meet:
Registration is open from 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Convention convenes at 10:00 am
SATURDAY, March 21st
6900 Auto Club Road
The Senate District 49 Convention shall be composed of the delegates and alternates elected at the precinct caucuses in February of 2020 currently living within the boundaries of House Districts 49A and 49B.
The Senate District Convention shall be held for the purpose of:
- Consideration of endorsement of candidates for MN Senate District 49, MN House District 49A, and House District 49B
- Election of Delegates, First Alternates, and Second Alternates to the Third Congressional District Convention and the Fifth Congressional District Convention
- Election of Delegates, First Alternates, and Second Alternates to the Republican Party of Minnesota State Convention
- Adoption of Resolutions Passed by the 2020 SD49 Precinct Caucuses
- Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the convention
If you wish to be considered as a candidate for the Minnesota Senate in SD49, or as a candidate for either Minnesota House District 49A or 49B, please contact John Metil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-790-4185 on or before Sunday, February 10. Mike will schedule a time for you to meet with the Officer Nominating committee so that we can conduct all interviews prior to the convention.
The advance ticket price for this event is $25 / delegate and alternate if you purchase your ticket on or before March 12, 2020. Ticket pricing for guests and observers is $5.
The late ticket price for delegate or alternate is $35 / person after March 12, 2020. The late ticket price for guests and observers is $10.
Please RSVP using the automated form at the bottom of this page so that we can plan knowing the number of people coming.
You may also RSVP by emailing or calling Randy Sutter (email@example.com; 952-836-5925) by March 12 and pay at the door of the convention. If you come without sending your RSVP in advance, you will be charged the $35.00 same-day ticket price at the door.
Registration opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 10:30 AM. The convention convenes at 10:00 AM
Water and coffee will be available in the morning. NO LUNCH WILL BE AVAILABLE.
Issued at the City of Bloomington, County of Hennepin, Minnesota this 21th day of February 2020
Russ Burnison and Joel Quinnell
6900 Auto Club Rd
Bloomington, MN 55438
Google map and directions