The State Central Committee of the Minnesota Republican Party held its semi-annual meeting on Saturday, April 10. The six-hour meeting was conducted virtually utilizing Zoom in a webinar format and Option Technologies for on-line voting.
The meeting was very well attended. The large majority of the State Central Committee delegates and alternates were elected at senate district and county conventions in February. Of the 340 elected delegates, 321 registered for the meeting and 314 were present when the final credentials report was given.
Of the 554 alternates elected, 341 registered and 306 were present. Twenty-one of those alternates ultimately were seated and allowed to vote.
The incumbent MN GOP officers were all reelected:
• MN GOP Chair -- Jennifer Carnahan
• Deputy Chair -- Carleton Crawford
• Secretary – David Pascoe
All of the previously certified MN GOP Affiliate groups were recertified. They include:
• Asian American Republicans of Minnesota
• Minnesota Federation of Republican Women
• Minnesota Republican Seniors
• Minnesota Young Republicans
• Minnesota Organization of Republican Veterans (MORVETS)
• African Republicans Affiliate Group
• Republican Liberty Caucus of Minnesota
• Republican Labor Alliance
Two new Affiliate groups were certified during this meeting
• American Indian Republicans
• Log Cabin Republicans
The College Republican Affiliate group hopes to be certified at the next State Central Committee meeting in December.